The Office of Planning and Budget oversees campus-wide strategic planning, financial planning and analysis, institutional research and capital asset strategies. The vice chancellor represents the campus with the University of California Office of the President and all external agencies on financial matters.
- Composite Benefits Rate FAQs
Information for External and Internal Constituents
This presentation will guide your creation of an engagement plan to design and roll out a new budget model in partnership with academic and financial leadership.
A tutorial on the new budget model for financial administrative officers and other financial roles
New Initiatives, Reports, and Publications
- Optimizing Resource Allocation – An Experiment in Activity Based Costing in Higher Education — Gates Foundation Grant — UC Riverside
- Community College Cost Management Model — Gates Foundation Grant — White Paper Addendum — Johnson County Community College
- Campus Conversations Status of Activities and Plans
- Budget Model Redesign
- Budget Model and SLA Governance FAQ
- ABC Project Information — August 2015
- Cost Structure of Post-Secondary Education: A Practical Guide (ver. 2)
- Cost Structure Guide Presentation
- Course-Level Activity-Based Costing as an Academic and Financial Tool
- UCR Budget Briefing Book
Service Level Agreement (SLA) Governance Committee
The SLA Governance Committee is responsible for meeting with Service Providers and making recommendations to the Provost/EVC and Vice Chancellor of Planning & Budget on the menu of services provided to the campus and the funding required to support these services. The Governance Committee will meet with their campus counterparts during the fiscal year to collect feedback in order to assist the Committee in finalizing their recommendations. The Governance committee is charged with ensuring that services provided, quality, and costs are in alignment with the strategic objectives of UCR.
To contact the Governance Committee with any questions or concerns, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
In March and April of 2016 the Governance Committee will review the 2017 Service Level Agreements w/ Service Providers and make recommendations on SLAs and Budget Rates on April 30th, 2016 for services to be provided on July 1, 2017.
Service Level Agreement (SLA) Documents
- SLA — Academic Senate
- SLA — Business Administrative Services
- SLA — Business and Financial Services
- SLA — Computing and Communications
- SLA — Enterprise Risk Management
- SLA — Facilities Services
- SLA — Graduate Division
- SLA — Human Resources
- SLA — Research and Economic Development
- SLA — Student Affairs
- SLA — University Advancement
- SLA — University Library
- SLA — Vice Provost Units
Over the past several months, UCR has been introduced to four different approaches to improving an institution’s efficiency, service, and organization (University of Washington; UC Berkeley; City of Houston, TX; and UC San Francisco). Each model offered something interesting and different based on that organization’s culture, objectives, and case for change. Now that we have seen such varying examples, we have the important opportunity to influence UCR’s version of Organizational Excellence.
Capital Asset Strategies
Responsible for development of the Capital Improvement Program, physical planning for the campus, and campus-wide space management and inventory.
Provides data analyses, reports, and services covering a wide range of topics, including accreditation, campus population, enrollment, faculty workload, and instructional space utilization.
Strategic Project Management
Manages key initiatives related to Organizational Excellence.